Here are the books I’ve ordered for my Fall 2021 courses:
Introduction to Philosophy
- Baronett, Stan. 2017. Journey into Philosophy: An Introduction with Classic and Contemporary Readings. New York: Routledge.
No textbook required — all readings will be in Canvas.
History of Ancient Philosophy
- Reeve, C. D. C., and Patrick L. Miller. 2015. Introductory Readings in Ancient Greek and Roman Philosophy. 2d. Indianapolis, IN: Hackett.
- Lasch-Quinn, Elisabeth. 2020. Ars Vitae: The Fate of Inwardness and the Return of the Ancient Arts of Living. Notre Dame, IN: University of Notre Dame Press.
- Cahn, Steven M, and Aaron Meskin. 2008. Aesthetics: a Comprehensive Anthology. Malden, MA: Blackwell.
- Myers, Benjamin P. 2020. A Poetics of Orthodoxy. Eugene, OR: Cascade Books.
- Sandel, Michael J. 2007. Justice: A Reader. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Cavanaugh, William T. 2011. Migrations of the Holy: God, State, and the Political Meaning of the Church. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans.